2024-05-08

A follow up to what happened to Chris Hedges and TRNN.

That is a follow up to this _> https://vultcult.blogspot.com/2024/05/no-longer-subscribed-to-trnn-on-youtube.html

https://scheerpost.com/2024/05/04/chris-hedges-thank-you-for-your-support-following-the-cancellation-of-my-show-on-the-real-news/

It's all right here -

The principal funder of The Real News, T.M. Scruggs, once demanded Bob Scheer delete from  ScheerPost a column I wrote defending the writer Alice Walker from charges of antisemitism. When Bob refused, Scruggs said he would no longer support ScheerPost, of which he was a major donor. His animus towards me, also apparently driven by my critiques of the Democratic Party and support for third party candidates, did not go away once RT, where I hosted a show, was shut down, my six years of archives were disappeared from YouTube, and I arranged to move to The Real News.

Although Max Alvarez at The Real News insists that the reason for canceling the show was that it jeopardized his nonprofit status, I find it hard to believe that Scruggs’ hostility towards me did not play a significant factor in his decision. Scruggs, according to Alvarez, has made it clear that if The Real News does anything, in his eyes, that contributes to the election of Donald Trump, he will pull the funding. This is an inverted way of saying, support Joe Biden and the Democrats. That such a stance is anathema to journalism is obvious.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment