Two things I grew up on were 'Back To The Future', and 'The Dukes Of Hazzard.
Back then they seemed like pure innocent fun.
Except even then, I had an issue with they way Libyans were portrayed in Back To The Future - with disrespect and racism. But as a teenager,I didn't think it through. As time goes on, it's hard to now ignore, the point where I'm no longer comfortable. Too bad.
Then there's the Dukes - as silly as it was, it was somehow easy as a kid to ignore the larger visual image that represents hatred and violence against people of a black skin color. But not today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Next time you hear anyone (or anything, given that it may come from an ad, or directly from a corporation), show them this.
https://realleecamp.substack.com/p/ai-execs-admit-to-the-largest-labor
-
https://sportsnaut.com/preview-canadiens-eager-going-again-with-oilers-up/ " The contest will make up one of games postponed after Mon...
-
This time it'll be a little longer than normal. We'll see how well things go. After all, it does apparently keep me employed.
No comments:
Post a Comment