... I remind myself that in any hierarchical situation, there'll always be those who end up on top. And, often times, it's because they use their knowledge as a weapon, and that the hierarchy allows - or even encourages - them to do so. All of this is in pursuit of profit - not 'growth' as some like to say.
Knowing this, I'm learning to let a lot go in that I try to not take things directed at me personally; even if that's what's intended.
I have too many things in life that 1) Give me joy, and 2) I actively am pursuing. I'm not going to let things that happen in that hierarchy affect me, because I'm choosing to not allow myself to get drawn in further. I only get involved if I have a professional responsibility to do so, and leave it at that.
No comments:
Post a Comment