I used to think observing behavior changes in society was just me aging and all that.
One of my major pet peeves is rude customer service. Or people who work in a service area and cannot user professional language.
Case in point yesterday morning. We drove to an IHOP restaurant for breakfast, just south of Seattle.
We ordered our food. A couple sat nearby a server took their order. Their food arrived before ours did, but that's another issue.
Anyways our server was an middle-aged woman, and instead of saying 'You're welcome' to my thank you, she said the now-standard 'Uh-huh'.
Here's a piece of advice - 'Uh-huh' is not the response to 'Thank you.'. "You're welcome' is. Going forward I think I'm going to start posting a zero tip when I hear people utter that term in restaurants.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Can a corporation be any MORE psychotic?
https://scheerpost.com/2026/10/01/amazon-is-deploying-ai-to-spy-on-its-workers-and-bust-unions-before-they-form/ It goes back what my late f...
-
https://sportsnaut.com/preview-canadiens-eager-going-again-with-oilers-up/ " The contest will make up one of games postponed after Mon...
-
This time it'll be a little longer than normal. We'll see how well things go. After all, it does apparently keep me employed.
No comments:
Post a Comment